Accountants Are In High Demand!
Often referred to as the “language of business,” accounting provides the basis for organizations to make informed economic decisions. Changes in financial laws and regulations, increased complexities within organizations, technological advances, and globalization are fueling the high demand for qualified accountants.
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the field of accounting is projected to grow an estimated 13 percent through the year 2022.
Your Roadmap to Success…
UCLA Extension’s two professional certificate programs – Accounting Certificate & Internal Audit Certificate – are designed for individuals who are preparing for a career in accounting as well as those who are planning to pursue industry certification. The certificate programs are highly recognized by employers throughout Los Angeles and beyond, and are ideal for individuals who are considering a career transition into the accounting profession or for current accounting professionals who wish to expand their knowledge and career prospects.
UCLA Extension works closely with industry experts, advisory boards, and professional associations to assure the accounting curriculum is relevant to current trends and practices. Our comprehensive accounting and internal audit curriculum is designed for real-world applicability, providing practical skills to help meet the increasing demands of the accounting industry.
Features and Benefits
- Academic Excellence – enhance your knowledge and expertise through professional certificate programs that are approved by UCLA’s Anderson Graduate School of Management.
- Broad & Comprehensive Curriculum – choose from a wide selection of courses providing a solid foundation in the principles and practices of accounting and internal audit.
- Real-world Learning – learn from instructors who are industry experts, leaders, and professionals with extensive hands-on experience.
- Flexibility & Convenience – complete your course work at a variety of locations and formats, including courses held at the UCLA campus or our downtown location, as well as instructor-led online classes.
- Affordable – enroll and “pay as you go” with no large payments upfront, and total costs that are very competitive to other comparable programs.
- Networking Opportunities – advance your career prospects by networking with peers, instructors, and industry professionals.
Who Should Enroll
- Accounting Managers and Staff, Budget/Financial Analysts, Internal Auditors, Government Accountants, and Tax Professionals.
- Individuals who are considering a career transition into the accounting field.
- Professionals considering the CPA, CMA®, and CIA® certifications, as well as those considering other accounting industry certifications.
- International students enrolled with UCLA Extension on an F-1 visa.
- Recent college graduates who are planning to pursue careers in the accounting profession or need specific course work for CPA licensing or pre-MBA requirements.