Group A: Core Courses (All Six Courses Required)
|X 1A||Principles of Accounting *|
|X 1B||Principles of Accounting *|
|X 100||Business Economics *|
|X 420||Business Law: Fundamentals *|
|X 130A||Basic Managerial Finance *|
|X 160||Marketing Principles and Practices *|
|891.02||Business Ethics *|
Group B: Elective Courses (3 Courses Required)
|X 109||Business Communications|
|X 110||Mathematics for Management *|
|X 115||Business Statistics *|
|X 163||Advertising Principles and Practices *|
|X 190||Management Theory, Policy, and Practice|
|X 497.613||Fundamentals of Business Administration and Management *|
|X 433.01||Fundamentals of Investing *|
|X 450||Elements of Human Resources Management *|
|X 460.902||Introduction to International Business *|
|X 497.52||Entrepreneurship and New Venture Formation|
|X 497.610||Developing a Business Plan *|
* = course may be taken online
To enroll in the Business Fundamentals Certificate, click here.
- Submit an Application for Candidacy with a non-refundable application fee of $200. Students are recommended to enroll in the certificate after completing their first two courses in the program.
- Complete all core courses for a total of 36 quarter units plus a one day business ethics course.
- A maximum.
- Receive a minimum 2.5 GPA or better for courses completed in the certificate
- Complete within five years all of the required courses taken through UCLA Extension
Transfer of courses
A maximum of two courses can be transferred for the core courses. Courses must be equivalent in course content and unit value to be eligible and must have been taken within the last five years. If courses were taken beyond this time period, students may be allowed to take alternative courses in consultation with the Certificate Programs Advisor.
Note: International students must submit an application to UCLA Extension’s International Student Office. For more information visit uclaextension.edu/iso.