What is a Certificate?
Since 1917 UCLA Extensions Business and Management department has been offering certificate programs to enhance the talents and expand thinking for people in the business world. Certificate programs with the University of California define the character and standing of continuing higher education in the university community. Certificates are conceived, developed and monitored with the active participation of advisory boards. Our certificate curriculum enables students to identify and acquire the needed skills, methodologies, analytical tools, and resources to reach proficiency in a subject area and provide a balanced theory of applied and theoretical knowledge. Enrollment is characterized by open access and self directed matriculation, although some programs may have conditions for enrollment. When compared to other programs the academic level of certificate programs is most considered post-baccalaureate.
UCLA Extension Certificates:
- Feature instructors chosen from the ranks of experienced, well educated professional who have made significant contributions in their fields.
- Provide you with up to date information you can use on your current job.
- Help you develop hands on application of the day to day job tasks of the profession.
- Provide an opportunity to meet others with the same professional interests.
- Some programs are sponsored by accrediting agencies in some disciplines that hold programs to nation-wide performance standards.
- Certificates provide a tangible representation of educational success in the field
- Our certificates acknowledge the highest level of academic achievement at UCLA Extension and carries the gold seal of the University.
How are they used?
- Professional Advancement
- Career Transition
- Justify a promotion
- Develop and update your resume for portfolio
- Increase your earning potential
- Practical Skills training
- Personal Development
- Explore a new field