All courses to be applied toward a business certificate program must be taken for a letter grade. In order to achieve certificate award, students must complete and pass the curricular requirements of the program and meet or exceed a minimum grade point average (GPA). For most programs, the minimum GPA is 2.5, but some programs require a higher GPA. For information about the requirements for a particular certificate program, contact that program’s adviser (listed on the certificate curriculum page).
Students who would like their transcripts evaluated prior to enrolling in a certificate program may FAX a copy of the transcript to 310-206-7249 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will notify you by email of any approved transfers so you are aware of what will be required of you to complete the certificate program.
Please do not send an official transcript until you have officially enrolled.
Number of courses transferred per program is based on the following criteria:
- Programs with a 10 course requirement are granted 2 transferred courses.
- Programs with 11 or more course requirements are granted a total of 3 transferred courses.
- There are no transfers for the Certificate in General Business Studies certificate program.
- The Accounting Certificate has special transfer requirements.
Transfer credit is based on the following criteria:
- Coursework must be comparable in course content and unit value.
- Grade obtained for the class must be a minimum of “C”.
- Coursework must be from a regionally accredited university or college.
- Coursework must have been completed within the last five years.
Approved transfer credit from institutions outside of the UC system will not be calculated into the student’s GPA nor listed on their UCLA Extension transcript.
Conversion of Semester to Quarter Units
UCLA Extension operates on quarter system. We offer four quarters a year. If coursework taken for your degree programs are semester system units we would convert semester units to quarter units to determine transferability of courses.
Semester-unit equivalents in quarter units:
- 2 semester units = 3 quarter units
- 3 semester units = 4 ½ quarter units
Obtaining your Certificate
To obtain your certificate you will need to declare your completion. Please view the below information to determine the month in which declaration is required.
|Quarter Completing Certificate||Month to Declare Completion|
Please contact email@example.com or call (310) 206-1654 to declare your completion.
Completion of a certificate offered by UCLA Extension is acknowledged with the following citations:
- Certificate will include students’ formal name and name of program completed.
- Certificate will include the total academic units completed as well as the date of completion.
- Certificate will include the acknowledgement of “With Distinction” if a GPA of 3.5 or above was maintained during the course of their program.
- Certificate will include the seal of the University of California and will be signed by the Dean of Extension.
- Certificate will be recorded on the students’ official transcript and can be used as part of your academic credentials on a resume.
UCLA Extension is pleased to honor our certificate graduates for their academic achievement and diligence in completing their certificate program. Our graduation ceremony is held on Tuesday, June 28th, 2011, at Royce Hall, for all students who have successfully completed a certificate program requiring a minimum of 324 hours of instruction. These programs typically require the completion of 9 or more courses. Download Graduation Form
We encourage you to prepare in advance for the event by visiting www.uclaextension.edu/graduation.