Offered in collaboration with the American Institute of Professional Bookkeepers (AIPB), UCLA Extension offers an instructor-led exam preparation course that is designed to help fully prepare students for the Certified Bookkeeper (CB) examination.
Our expert instructor-led review utilizes the AIPB’s Certified Bookkeeper Workbook Set, a comprehensive series that includes workbooks and practice quizzes with questions comparable to those found on the national certification exam. The “hybrid” format of our review combines online and classroom meetings to fully prepare students to pass the exam while minimizing the impact on their busy schedules. All four exam parts are scheduled during classroom meeting times, further enhancing the level of convenience offered to our students.
Click on course title to review full course descriptions, dates, fees and to enroll.
Certified Bookkeeper Exam Review – Coming Fall 2016
This 12-week course covers all four parts of the National Certified Bookkeeper Exam:
Part 1: Adjustments and Error Correction • Part 2: Payroll and Depreciation • Part 3: Inventory Recommended • Part 4: Internal Controls and Fraud Prevention
Students will sit for Exams Part 1 and Part 2 at any Prometric Test Center. Exams for Part 3 and Part 4 are conducted in-class.
Key Features and Benefits
- Review key CB exam topics and learn test-taking strategies, all while interacting with expert instructors who reinforce key points and help keep you on track for success.
- Utilize course materials designed by AIPB subject matter experts to help candidates pass all parts of the CB Examination.
- Develop a peer network while you learn in a group environment.
- Convenient “hybrid” course format allows students to extensively prepare for and take the exams with a minimized impact on their busy schedules.
Why the Certified Bookkeeper Certification?
Certified Bookkeepers are to bookkeeping what CPAs are to accounting: the elite of the profession. Becoming a Certified Bookkeeper can:
- Increase your earning potential.
- Enhance your professional status.
- Increase your value to employers and clients.
- Distinguish yourself among other professionals, gaining a decisive edge in any job market.
Who Should Enroll?
- Candidates preparing for AIPB’s Certified Bookkeeper examination.
- Experienced bookkeepers looking to distinguish themselves from the competition and increase their earning potential.
Upon enrollment, students must purchase the AIPBs Certified Bookkeeper Workbook Set. The required materials include six workbooks, each of which includes a double-quiz for each section of the workbook. Quiz questions are comparable to those found on the certification exam. Materials may be purchased from the UCLA Bookstore.