Students who are planning to pursue the CFP® Certification are highly encouraged to enroll in an exam review course in order to fully prepare for this difficult exam. UCLA Extension offers an instructor-led, live review course along with a fully online version – CFP® Exam Review – which is designed for students who have completed any CFP Board-Registered program or for individuals who plan to sit for the exam on a “challenge” status.
Students should anticipate studying approximately 250-325 hours before sitting for the CFP® Certification Examination, which includes the time spent in a Live Review Class. CFP® Exam Candidate Handbook
Our review courses are intended for those who have successfully completed a CFP(r) Board-Registered educational program and are planning to sit for the CFP Certification Examination. The review course also is intended for CPAs and those who plan to sit for the exam on a challenge basis. The sessions provide an extensive review of the board topics which are the basis for the CFP Certification Examination. The review sessions helps to build self-confidence and increase knowledge, while also providing immediate feedback from the instructors and other participants so you can perform your best on the exam. Exercises review several case studies and employ the necessary techniques to approach the various types of exam questions.. The review courses is scheduled three times per year prior to the March, July, and November exams.Enroll
Key Features and Benefits
- Flexibility to attend either the classroom or online review sessions.
- Led by experienced and dedicated instructors, the review courses help build self-confidence and increase knowledge so you can perform your best on the exam.
- Participants review key exam topics and learn helpful test-taking strategies, all while receiving immediate feedback from instructors and peers.
- Discounted fees are available for, FPA members, and companies sending more than three employees to the program.
- Eligibility to retake review course (space permitting) for a $75 retake fee per course.
Who Should Enroll
- Students who have completed a CFP Board-Registered educational program
- Individuals with certain professional credentials (e.g., CPA®, JD, CFA®, ChFC, CLU) who plan to sit for the exam on a “challenge” status.
Linda Hewitt, CFP®, CRPC
Nancy Le Claire, CFP®, CPA, ChFC, CRPC
As co-founders of Financial Planning Educational Solutions, a training firm that specializes in personal financial planning and the review course for the CFP® Certification Examination, Ms. Hewitt and Ms. Le Claire have worked with numerous clients, including Merrill Lynch, Morgan Stanley, and Charles Schwab.
Students are highly encouraged to purchase (at an additional cost) the review course pre-study materials and read them prior to the live review. To purchase the CFP® Certification Examination Basic Review Package from Keir Education, call (800) 795-5347 or click here to order on-line.
For further information about the Keir Materials, please call Mary Grace Caudill, Program Coordinator at Keir Educational Resources, at mcaudill@KeirSuccess.com or 800-795-5347 ext. 101.