Build a Career in the World of Finance
Financial managers who want to advance their careers must cope with the growing complexity of global trade, constant changes in federal laws and regulations, and the proliferation of complex financial instruments.
Because financial management is so important to efficient business operations, well-trained and experienced financial managers who display a strong grasp of the business operations are prime candidates for promotion and advancement.
Your Road to Success…
UCLA Extension’s Finance Certificate is designed for students who are preparing for a career as a financial professional and for those who are planning to pursue industry certification. The certificate program is ideal for both career changers or for current financial professionals who wish to expand their knowledge and career prospects.
Learn how to better manage your portfolio and develop new investment strategies with our Investor Series, which is new for Winter, 2015. Designed for individual investors, the Investor Series surveys various facets of investment strategies for creating and maximizing long-term wealth and financial health.
UCLA Extension works closely with industry experts, advisory boards, and professional associations to assure the finance curriculum is relevant to current trends and practices. Explore our many finance and investment courses taught by instructors who will share their expertise, experience, and networks of opportunity.
Features and Benefits
- Academic Excellence – enhance your knowledge and expertise through a professional certificate program that is approved by UCLA’s Anderson Graduate School of Management.
- Broad & Comprehensive Curriculum – choose from a wide selection of courses providing a solid foundation in the principles and practices of finance and investments.
- Real-world Learning – learn from instructors who are industry experts, leaders, and professionals with extensive hands-on experience.
- Flexibility & Convenience – complete your course work at a variety of locations and formats, including courses held at the UCLA campus or our downtown location, as well as instructor-led online classes.
- Affordable – enroll and “pay as you go” with no large payments upfront, and total costs that are very competitive to other comparable programs.
- Networking Opportunities – advance your career prospects by networking with peers, instructors, and industry professionals.
Who Should Enroll
- Financial Managers and Staff, Budget/Financial Analysts, Banking Professionals, Credit Analysts, Financial Advisors, and Brokers.
- Individuals who are considering a career transition into the finance or investments field.
- Professionals considering the CFA®, CMA®, and FP&A™ certifications as well as other industry licensing.
- International students enrolled with UCLA Extension on an F-1 visa.
- Recent college graduates who are planning to pursue careers in the financial segment or need specific course work for pre-MBA requirements.