The Paralegal Training Program is offered in Westwood and now Downtown Los Angeles!
We have 5-month and 11-month programs:
- The 5-month program runs Monday through Friday, 9:00 am – 12:30 pm
- The 11-month program runs two nights a week, 6:30 pm – 10:00 pm, Monday and Wednesday, or, Tuesday and Thursday
Whether you are in the 5-month or 11-month program (CF571 or CF637) you will receive instruction in the following subject areas:
• Program Orientation
• The Paralegal Profession
• Torts and Personal Injury
• Criminal Law and Procedure
• Real Property
Practical Paralegal Skills
• Legal Research and Writing: Part I – Basic Tools
• Legal Technology and Practical Skills
• Legal Research and Writing: Part II – Applied Skills
• Civil Procedure I: Pleading Practice
• Civil Procedure II: Pre-Trial Procedure
• Civil Procedure III: Trials and Evidence
• Business Organizations & Securities Law
In addition to the above curriculum, students who have not earned a B.A. (CF637) may be required to take the following three courses, depending on their past academic history and experience.
• Oral Communication and Presentation Skills for Legal Business Professionals
• Effective Writing in Legal and Business Settings
• Legal Internship
*Subject to change
*Paralegals may not provide legal services directly to the public, except as permitted by law.