Career Opportunities for Tax Professionals!
As changing tax laws become more complex, individuals and corporations must employ trained specialists to assist them with their tax planning and preparation. According to the the Department of Labor, job growth for tax professionals is projected to increase at a faster rate than the average for other occupations.
Thus, exciting career opportunities will exist for qualified tax professionals who have a solid background in taxation.
Your Road to Success…
UCLA Extension’s 9-course Taxation Certificate is designed for real-world application, providing practical skills to help students meet the increasing demands of the tax profession. The curriculum provides students with a thorough understanding of taxation standards and principles, and is ideal for individuals who are planning to pursue for a career in taxation. The curriculum is also relevant for students who are preparing for industry certification, including CPA and EA licensing.
UCLA Extension also offers two additional taxation programs – EA Exam Review and the Annual Tax Controversy Institute – that can help expand your qualifications as a tax professional. Both programs are highly recognized throughout the Los Angeles region and beyond, and are ideal for individuals who want to further expand their knowledge in taxation and career prospects.
Features and Benefits
- Academic Excellence – enhance your knowledge and expertise through professional certificate programs that are approved by UCLA’s Anderson Graduate School of Management.
- Broad & Comprehensive Curriculum – choose from a wide selection of courses providing a solid foundation in taxation principles and practices.
- Real-world Learning – learn from instructors who are industry experts, leaders, and professionals with extensive hands-on experience.
- Flexibility & Convenience – complete your course work at a variety of locations and formats, including courses held at the UCLA campus or our downtown location, as well as instructor-led online classes.
- Affordable – enroll and “pay as you go” with no large payments upfront, and total costs that are very competitive to other comparable programs.
- Networking Opportunities – advance your career prospects by networking with peers, instructors, and industry professionals.
Who Should Enroll
- Accountants, Corporate Tax Managers, Tax Preparers, Attorneys, Financial Advisors, Government and Nonprofit Financial Professionals.
- Mid-career accounting and tax professionals who want to expand their careers.
- CPA candidates and those who are considering the IRS Enrolled Agent (EA) certification.
- Recent college graduates, including accounting majors, who are planning to pursue a career in the tax profession or need specific course work for CPA candidacy.